Looking for the Perfect Preschool?
OPENING FALL 2019! All program options are available for enrollment.
CHALK Preschool of Cobble Hill, Brooklyn
CHALK Preschool of Cobble Hill is nestled in the ground floor of a unique, four-story, boutique residential building located at the corner of Henry St and Atlantic Ave. 112 Atlantic Ave boosts over 5700 square feet of creative learning and play space with 5 classrooms and a rare, designated indoor gross motor room. Secure key fob entry opens the doors to infinite moments of engaged, age appropriate exploration, education, and joy.
What we offer…
- CHALK Preschool offers 2, 3 or 5 day/week programs for children ages 2-6.
- Open enrollment; admission based on application date and availability.
- Children do not have to be toilet trained.
- Child-centered learning activities with developmentally and age appropriate materials and equipment.
- Two teachers in each classroom holding degrees in Early Childhood or a related field.
- Faculty that receive continuing education and training to promote on-going professional development.
- Effective family/teacher communication.
- First Aid and CPR certified faculty.
- Opportunities for parents to be involved in their student’s education.
- Open door policy for parents to contact all administrators.
- A facility designed and maintained to enhance the learning opportunities for students.
- Secure entrances and exits.
CHALK teachers provide the vital inspiration to students as they discover the world around them. The teachers and staff focus all activities and experiences on the children. The teachers develop their own creative lesson plans based on a combination of (1) early childhood learning standards and models and (2) arts integration. This, along with knowledge gained from observing the students’ play and behaviors, allows the teachers to facilitate educational experiences relevant for each child. CHALK teachers provide the students with individually developed and designed classroom environments. It is within these spaces that play becomes learning. Teachable moments happen all of the time. The skilled teachers at CHALK capture and take advantage of those moments every day.
CHALK believes that the family is a child’s first and most important educator. It is the preschool’s responsibility to support families in raising children by providing education and encouragement. Family involvement is an important part in the success of your child’s preschool experience. We encourage visiting or volunteering in the classroom, sharing a skill, or coming to one of our events that emphasize family time. Together, CHALK and families connect in order to shape children into strong, confident individuals.
Children will experience moments of awe and wonder every day at CHALK Preschool…
Shouldn’t you consider CHALK today?